10 Humorous tattoos on people that don't take life too seriously

The lighter side

Tattoos can be a meaningful form of expression, however this is not always the case. In this week's post I will look at the lighter side of tattooing. The people who have shared their stories in this instance know not to take life too seriously. With these there is an element of impulsiveness and a sense of humour that is beautifully complemented by the art of tattooing. Tattoos don't have to be deep and meaningful, they can be something that simply makes you smile.

Mr Muscle

Mart Ash has the perfect example of a light hearted tattoo, in this muscular looking stick man he has behind his ear.



"I used to train and was in good shape, and it was in homage to that."

But there was a competitive element to his choice of tattoo, as Mart wasn't alone in his stick man inking.

"Also, my younger brother has a stick man mowing the 'lawn' in his pubes, so felt the need to compete."

Unfortunately there are no pictures of the pubic gardener. If you're Mart's brother and you are reading this, we would love to see your tattoo! 

The muscular stick man isn't the only little fella Mart Ash has tattooed on him. This toe with a face on also belongs to Mart.

"Who wouldn't have an angry face tattooed on their toe? Meet Tommy Toe."

Nice to meet you 'Tommy Toe.'


Toes again

Another toe tattoo with a difference belongs to Carol Milne. Carol simply said,

"I got these because of my webbed toes"

These toe tattoos show a light hearted approach to the flaws that some would try to hide. This attitude is refreshing and gives you a funny tattoo as the result. There are many comical tattoos out there to accentuate scars, burns, birthmarks and even more dramatic characteristics. Some amputees have amusing references to their missing limbs like 'I'm with stumpy'. This is a fantastic way to show that you don't have to take life too seriously and really speaks highly of the tattoo wearer.

If you have one of these clever tattoos please get in touch. clearinkaftercare@gmail.com
 


A slice 'o' Heaven
 

Another interesting choice is this slice of pizza worn on the shoulder blade of Tonicha Knight. When I asked the story behind this tattoo Tonicha's reply was as follows. 

 
"Mostly that I love pizza, it's my fave food. It's mostly all I remember eating in the 5 years-ish that I was a vegetarian, luckily another (almost) 3 years on from the tattoo, it's still my fave food and I love the overall tattoo itself and it's a bit of a laugh too. Thinking of adding garlic bread to my other shoulder blade to match."
 
Of course it goes without saying, you can't have pizza without garlic bread!
 


Adam's apple
 
The next tattoo belongs to Susan Adam. Susan chose this tattoo to represent her unconventional approach to life.
 
"Someone told me I should have a d**k 'cause I think too much like a man; saw this on a Halloween flash sheet and thought I want that on my throat then I can have an Adams apple. Also my surname is Adam."
 

Susan has also considered another tattoo to symbolise her masculine side.
 
"Someone at the studio said I had balls of steel, but no that would have been taking it to far."
 
Let us know if you change your mind on that one Susan!
 



This little piggy

 
The next tattoo differs from the others in this post, in that it is not the tattoo itself that is funny; nor the story for that matter. What I love and find amusing about this tattoo is Jennifer Lee's attitude towards her potentially upsetting story.
 
"I got this tiny little toe ring tattoo the day I met my husband. My best friend had asked me yearly to come up to her uncle's annual pig roast (100 miles away), but I could never make it for some reason. It was a great big party, where people camped out on his property. There was a permanent stage set up, live music, the biggest bonfire I've ever seen...and a camper set up with a tattoo artist. Drunk me met her cousin Jude, and told him I was nervous about my 1st tattoo, and asked if he would sit with me. He agreed, but then blew me off when the time came an hour or so later. In retrospect that was a sign and I should have taken note! I got home from the weekend, back to my parents (2004, I was 22 and still living at home) only to find out the guy that tattooed me was a friend of my Dad's friend...he had also done work on my Dad and Mom! I stupidly took this as a sign instead. I stayed in contact with my friend's cousin, and 6 months later moved cross country with him, supporting him while he went to school. In 2006 we moved back, 2009 got married and have had 3 beautiful children. We are still married today, but only barely. He's a self absorbed prick...and when we finally divorce I'm afraid I'll have to chop off this little tattooed piggy!"
 
When I suggested the possibility of lazar removal or a cover up Jennifer's response was as follows.
 
"Oh the toes coming off " 
 
She did then clarify that this was a joke. It is fantastic how Jennifer makes light of this situation. We're all routing for your happy ending Jennifer!
 
 
Dinosaur tattoo

This tattoo belongs to Chloe Peverill. Chloe definitely didn't go for deep and meaningful when choosing to get this. When asked what her story was Chloe simply said the following.

"I got a dinosaur tattoo and the reason is literally because “dinosaurs are f*cking cool” and I say that to anyone who asks"

Clearly Chloe is not one to mince her words!
 


 
Ride or die

The penultimate Tattoo in this weeks post is worn by Marley La Rose. Marley's tattoo is funny in an unfortunate sort of way.

"So throughout my life I've always thought of myself as the type of person who's basically like 'go hard or go home' and I wanted a tattoo to kind of show that.. Me being quite spontaneous thought 'yeah I'm going to get some script'.... 'Ride Or Die, that's it! And the area I chose to get it I always wanted script on but let's just say a lot of people get the wrong impression..."

Oh dear poor Marley. His tattoo did not have the desired effect!  

 

 SMYGF

Finally Lauren Porter's tattoo. This tattoo is far from meaningful as Lauren explains in her account.

"So, I have the letters S M Y G and F tattooed on my wrist. This isn’t a sentimental tattoo nor does it have a nice meaning or an ode to a deceased friend... I had been out one night with my friend, and after doing copious amounts of illegal substances we needed to walk to the bus stop to get home. She starts singing “Show meeee yerrr gurn face.” Over and over again. And thus, I got a stupid tattoo."

That is one night Lauren will never forget! 


All of the tattoos featured in this weeks post, although of varied meaning (or non at all) belong to people who are clearly impulsive and have a carefree outlook. It is so refreshing to see the more playful aspect of tattooing. Whilst an excellent form of expression and a kind of therapy, tattoos don't have to be heavy, as represented in these jovial pieces.

I would love to know your thoughts on these and other tattoos featured in this blog, so please let me know below what you think.

If you have your very own tattoo story you would like to share with the world you can email me on clearinkaftercare@gmail.com

Next weeks blog will be a mixed bag of delights including this beautiful tattoo with a powerful meaning. So watch this space....




On a side note, if you use Clearink Aftercare Balm, you might be interested to know I am in the process of launching all new improved Aftercare Balm along with other new products. Keep up with the changes on my Facebook page. Search @naturalaftercare or if you are looking to try my products then go direct to my online shop https://store11725129.ecwid.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Beautiful memorial tattoos that pay tribute to passed loved ones

The Healing Power of Tattoos