Introduction to ClearInk Stories

Introduction

Welcome to ClearInk Tattoo stories. A page dedicated to tattoos and the stories behind them.

Tattooing as an art form is unique in its diversity with a huge range of ever evolving styles. There are many reasons people decide to get tattooed some deep and meaningful and others not so much. While some will spend much time deliberating before they get inked, some will do it impulsively. Whatever the reason there are some great stories to be told.


Maybe not "Always"
 
I decided to reach out on social media and ask people to send me pictures of their tattoos and the stories behind them, which I intend to put together into a weekly blog. The response was amazing. Hopefully you enjoy reading them as much as I have.

Thank you to all of you who have already got involved and sent me your interesting stories. If you haven't already but have a great story you are desperate to share with me, you can do this via email, clearinkaftercare@gmail.com or simply comment below.





A bit about me

I am a self proclaimed "tattoo head" I spend most of my time reading and thinking about tattoos. I can't get enough of the romance and history of this unique art form. In a time when tattoos are becoming so commonplace and more accepted than ever before the standard of talent out there is truly unbelievable.

I always loved the look of tattoos growing up and knew that one day I would have some of my own. I loved the images on the album sleeves for various heavy metal and punk CDs. Now as an adult my chosen tattoo style is traditional. I really like bold colours and big thick line work that stands out. For me this is what comes to mind when you picture tattoos.

I got my first tattoo on the day I turned 18 (I had tried to get inked before that, only to be turfed out of various tattoo parlours). On the day I was finally old enough I went in and chose a small daisy from a book of flash and had that done by a guy with the word psychopath tattooed on his neck. It took all of about 10 minutes and was not the best to say the least! With some thick lines, some thin and hardly any colour. I have since had it re-touched and am actually now booked in for a cover up! I will cover it with a traditional rose. Despite the crappy first tattoo I knew I would get more.

Since then I have got married and had kids. I have tried all sorts to earn a living with the children at home, from duck and quail egg farming to pyramid selling. In an attempt to make money from my passion I have created a tattoo aftercare product which will eventually become a range of products.

The recipe is something I used to make and put on my son,s eczema (with a few additional essential oils). I started making it for myself and people kept saying I should sell it. It is 100% natural and vegan friendly. Please don't let the dreaded "V word" put you off. The products are also friendly to non vegans too. I am myself a vegan (don't worry I won't preach) and was told to use baby bum cream on my tattoo which is not vegan as it contains a grease from sheep's wool. Also containing paraffin wax, the bum cream is actually bad for the healing process, aging to the skin, and blocks pores, causing irritation.

 If you are interested in the aftercare balm it is available from my online store store11725129.ecwid.com/ If there is anything else you would like to know about this please feel free to comment below.
The reason I have decided to put this blog together is to further immerse myself in the art of tattooing
and to find out what tattoos mean to the people getting them. There are some hilarious stories and some that will tug the heart strings, so please check out my blog and enjoy!!



Week one of clearInk stories will be about meaningful tattoos including this one of mine.

 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Beautiful memorial tattoos that pay tribute to passed loved ones

10 Humorous tattoos on people that don't take life too seriously

The Healing Power of Tattoos